Position: Procurement Forester
Company: Pinova, Inc.
Location: Lake Placid, FL
Pinova Incorporated is currently seeking a Procurement Forester to support our Brunswick, Georgia plant. The candidate will report to the Western Region Forestry Procurement Manager. The Forester will procure longleaf and slash pine stumpwood in South Florida and direct / coordinate the activities of independent stump harvesting contractor crews. The primary counties of operation will include Broward, Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Highlands, Indian River, Lee, Manatee, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Palm Beach, Polk, Okeechobee, Saint Lucie, and Sarasota. The position will require work out of a home office located in the South Florida area, and a Company vehicle will be provided.
- Procure stumpwood in South Florida for the Pinova plant in Brunswick, Georgia by:
- Identifying suitable longleaf and slash pine stumps.
- Negotiating contracts with land owners and land managers (private, company and governmental).
- Directing harvesting crews and shipping contractors.
- Tracking performance of the group relative to plan.
- Providing accurate and timely monthly / annual forecasting and reporting.
- Ensuring personal safety compliance and safety of the contractors.
- Execute tactical wood sourcing strategy by:
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with land owners and managers, contract harvesters and haulers.
- Securing new contracts with landowners (Federal, State, Company) and managers.
- Managing wood harvest volume, quality and cost relative to plan.
- Coordinating marketing efforts at Forestry trade shows.
- Representing company in local organizations and forestry groups including state Forestry Associations.
- B.S. Degree in Forestry and/or a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant industry experience required. (Related experience would include manufacture, sale or procurement of timber products.)
- Technical field experience required, which includes knowledge of forest harvest equipment, tree species identification, forest management protocols and methods, GPS and topographical map reading.
- Certified forester preferred; understanding of best forestry management practices, forest conservation, regulatory requirements and sustainability.
- Must be self-motivated and comfortable working independently as well as within a team environment.
- Must be proficient in computer operation and Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally (verbal, written).
- Must possess excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Valid Driver’s license with a clean driving record required.
- Some overnight travel required (> 10%).