Company: City of Pensacola
Location: Pensacola, FL
Organization: City of Pensacola
Department: Public Works
Recruitment Range: $21.50-$25.31 hourly depending on knowledge and experience
This is very responsible work managing the City of Pensacola’s Tree Ordinance and any other tree related activities, which include but are not limited to planting, maintenance and removal of trees located within the City.
Work is performed under the general direction of the City Engineer, with wide latitude for independent judgment as to details. This position provides skilled work in connection with the diagnostic evaluation and maintenance of trees located in City parks, street rights of way, and City-owned property. Work performance is reviewed and evaluated through observation and results obtained.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Forestry, Environmental Science, Horticulture or a related field, and
- Five (5) years of active tree management experience, which includes supervising personnel involved in carrying out management operations.
- Combination of education, training, and/or work experience equal to or greater than the requirements listed above as determined by Human Resources.
Necessary Special Requirements:
- Possession of an appropriate driver license for equipment operated and any license, training or certification required by law or regulation to complete assigned tasks.
- International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certification or any other related certification preferred, or ability to obtain the arborist certification designation by the ISA within one (1) year of employment.