Position: Log Procurement Technician
Company: Robbins Manufacturing Company
Location: Lake City, FL
Log Procurement Technician
Robbins Manufacturing Company
Lake City, FL
Robbins Manufacturing Company, an 84 year-old, family-owned manufacturer of pressure treated round stock material is Florida’s leading manufacturer of marine pilings, poles and fence posts. We offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes competitive wages, 401(k) retirement plan with $1.00 for $1.00 company match, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and 8 paid holidays and paid vacation. Robbins has 2 plants located in Lake City and Webster, Florida.
We need a Log Procurement Technician who will foster and ensure the effective implementation of our log purchases for our Lake City, FL pole production facility.
• Marking timber for marine piling and pole production.
• Monitor timber inventory on yard to ensure a minimum of 3 weeks supply and adjust accordingly.
• Responsible for maximized resource and asset values. Interpretation and decision making of planning data.
• Contract negotiations to ensure timely and efficient administration of all logging activities and invoices.
• Updating and interaction with log inventory systems.
• Oversee forest land tracts being logged to manage the production budgeted for each tract.
• Create plans for each forest tract to ensure the maximum harvest based on seasonality.
• Supervise each tract with the Logging Crew Leader to yield the highest quality polesby marking approximately 40% to 50% of the tract’s timber.
• Ensure loggers understand and adhere to all Robbins log specifications and quantities needed.
• Monitor prices of Chip N Saw, Pulpwood, and Mulch and adjust prices as required.
• Manage and promote positive logger and landowner relationships.
• Adhere to all local, state, and federal regulations.
Education and Experience
• A minimum of three years of practical experience in a role such as: log or timber procurement, forestry consulting, the logging industry, or similar is required.
• Applicants must be in good physical shape to mark 50% of the timber in each tract being logged and work productively in a wide variety of weather conditions and forest settings.
• Computer proficiency in MS Office, Excel, e-mail, and Internet functions.
• Must be familiar with common forest/logging technology.
• Good communication, interpersonal, and written skills are needed.
Pay and Benefits
• Salaried position; starting pay range of $50,000 to $60,000 with bonus opportunity.
• Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance are available after 60 days of service.
• 401(k) plan with company paid match of $1.00 per dollar up to a $4,000.00 match each year.
• Paid Time Off; 2 weeks in the second year and 3 weeks in the sixth year.
Please submit your resume to [email protected] or apply in person between 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at our Lake City facility located at 702 Okinawa Rd, Lake City, FL 32055 Please, no phone calls.
Robbins is a DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE. Please do not apply if you do drugs!
Robbins is an Equal Opportunity Employer