Florida Forests Week
Florida Forests Week
We all know the many benefits that Florida forests provide — now it’s time to share that message with others!
October 31-November 6, 2021, celebrate Florida Forests Week by telling the forestry story!
Do you have a social media account?
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Use #FloridaForests for your posts!Share selfies at work or in the forests, video or action shots of forestry equipment, photos of your favorite “Goods from the Woods” — show your forest pride your way!
Share our posts and tag us on yours!
Search #FloridaForests and see what others are sharing!
Enter our Facebook contests! Check our Facebook page beginning October 31 for details!
Do you like to see your name in print?
Write a letter to the editor for your local paper! See examples here.
Do you have public speaking opportunities?
Volunteer to speak at a Rotary, Kiwanis or other local civic/professional group meeting.
Do you like to work with children?
Ask the principal of your local elementary school if you could do an activity with one of their classes (We suggest fourth graders). We have materials to help!
- Watch a video of a mock activity targeted for fourth graders.
- Check out a list of materials to make your own Goods from the Woods box to teach kids about the 5000+ items made from forest products.
- View the educational standards met by the presentation.
- Bonus points: Leave a sample box with the teacher for use in the classroom as a reminder of the many benefits of Florida forests — from Tylenol to tissue and crayons to cleaning supplies and 5000+ other items, trees do make life better! See some ideas about what to put in the sample box.
We will compile a list of activities being held in honor of Florida Forests Week. To add your name and event to the list, please email LeeAnn@FLForestry.org with your name, contact information and the way in which you will be participating.
Your complete Florida Forests Week toolbox:
- Sample letters to the editor
- Video of a mock activity targeted for fourth graders
- Goods from the Woods box materials
- Florida Forestry Facts sheet
- Goods from the Woods
- Paper vs. Plastic
- Working Forests Work brochure
- Economic impact by county