Company: Columbia Timber Company
Location: Gainesville, FL
Columbia Timber Company and United Country Real Estate Property and Auctions are looking to fill a multi-faceted forester position. Columbia Timber Company was founded in 1989 and is based in Gainesville, Florida. Seeking an individual who has a diverse interest in forestry and land management. Training in our specific operations style will be provided. Our focus includes:
- Meeting with landowners on an ongoing basis to help with their forestry and land management needs based upon what the landowner’s objectives are.
- Land management requires establishing landowner’s budgets to develop management plans that may or may not require timber harvesting and reforestation such as seedling selection, fertilization, site preparation and planting.
- Procurement in fuelwood and timber. We supply a regional 107 MW biomass plant with fuel wood and roundwood for Georgia-Pacific, WestRock, Rayonier, West Frazier and other regional mills located in northeast Florida and Southeastern Georgia.
- Working with United Country Real Estate to market or procure properties.
- Assisting in timber investment analysis using our Timber Investment Program to analyze a properties potential for timberland buyers including high net worth clients.
- An opportunity to develop new markets for both procurement and timberland buyers.
- Cruise and appraise timber as needed.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Forest Management or equivalent from a Society of American Foresters accredited university or college.
- A working knowledge of ArcGIS or the desire to become ArcGIS proficient.
- A Florida real estate license or the desire to obtain a license.
- To become or maintain SAF Certified Forester and Master Logger certification.
- To travel to trade shows, SAF and continuing education programs.
- To become a registered forester in Georgia.
- Must not have any DUIs or criminal convictions.
- An entrepreneur-oriented spirit.
Columbia Timber Company and United Country Real Estate offer:
- Competitive base salary
- 401(k) retirement with 3% matching
- Health insurance
- Company truck & expense account
- Paid holidays and vacations
This position requires an ability to apply science to decision-making, resourcefulness and working independently. Communication skills via written, spoken and using devises are essential. This is a non-smoking and non-vaping position – no exceptions.
Submit resume to email@example.com.