2017 Economic Impact Study
As part of its advocacy efforts, the Association contracted with UF/IFAS to conduct an economic impact study for the forest industry.
Highlights of the findings include:
- Florida’s forest industry contributes $25 billion to the state’s economy.
- Florida’s forest industry helps provide more than 124,000 jobs.
- 17 million acres of forestland cover almost half of Florida’s total land area.
- Almost 2/3 of the forestland is privately owned.
- Ten counties are economically dependent on the forest industry.
Click here for complete findings.
Click here for an interactive map with findings by county.